Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Scythe Ninja 2 and Intel E8400

This week I made upgrade to my desktop PC - replaced CPU to get performance in graphics, games, whatever.

If CPU choice I made a lot before, the cooler was my headache.
I read about Scythe Ninja 2 half year ago and thought it would be nice to have something alike. How I was happy to know that I can bye exactly this (even revision B) model in Israel for 188 NIS (~$50).

It looks like some fucking japan ninja house and it's weight about 700g fanless (+120g with fan )! Be careful when installing it, i had to put out all case and motherboard to install this ton of copper and aluminum.


(from left to right) Old Intel E5200 Box cooler, new Intel E8400, Scythe Ninja 2 (Rev.B)

The cooler is 100% kickass and do it's job perfectly! Repects goes to Japan guys from Scythe.
Some reviews:
Scythe Ninja 2 Review (Overclockers Club)
Scythe NINJA 2 CPU Cooler Video Review

P.S. Don't forget to reset CMOS settings (or even better upgrade BIOS if there is new). I was wondering, why it's keeping 65-70C. This was because of my prev E5200 was using ~1.3V core and E8400 need only ~1.0V and somehow motherboard can't change it by itself. Now it's around 30C and I even can take away fan for more silence... but hard disk will break it, damn! need another upgrade...

No comments:

Post a Comment