Tests were made at my desk with lab power supply B&K Precision 9110 connected directly to the cam.
- GPS is on but in a building it can't acquire satellites.
- Firmware v1.000-EN that came out of the box. Few measurements were done with v1.001-RU - current looks the same.
- Cloud service not set and not used.
- Memory card from the package: Blackvue 16GB CL10 MLC.
- Disconnecting/connecting rear camera done during full power off
- Measurements taken at stable mode: 1 or more minutes of working in that mode.
- Power on measurements was done with charged supercaps, no long power off stay.
From the manual we have these numbers
- Avg. 400 mA (4.8W at 12V, when GPS and WiFi is On)
- Avg. 300 mA (3.6W at 12V, when GPS and WiFi is Off)
- Actual power consumption may vary depending on use conditions and environment.
|Test condition||14V, mA|
|Power ON||460 (peak 500)|
|Power ON||450 (peak 660)|
|Front + WiFi||200...250||225||240...290||265|
|Front + Park||140...180||160||180...230||205|
|Front + Park + WiFi||170...220||195||200...250||225|
|Front + Rear||280...310||295||340...380||360|
|Front + Rear + WiFi||310...350||330|
|Front + Rear + Park||250...290||270||300...350||325|
|Front + Rear + WiFi + Park||270...310||290||310...370||340|
- Front = Front camera
- Rear = Rear cam attached
- Park = Parking mode activated
Memory card that was used
Conclusions for 12V usage as it more important because that is the voltage when engine is off and usage of dashcam drain your battery.
- Consumption is bigger when engine is off, so be aware and I recommend to use Power Magic Pro with any dashcam to save your battery and shutoff cam when it comes to critical levels. Mine set to 12.0V threshold.
- When WiFi is on it adds 30mA in idle, not used connection. Maybe it has some sleep mode with less current - I don't know.
- Using rear cam adds 100mA.
- Parking mode reduces consumption by 40mA.